Meet Attorney Nicole B. Davis
Davis & Lyssy, PLLC Partner
About Nikki Davis
Nicole B. Davis ‘Nikki’ is a partner with Davis & Lyssy, PLLC. Nikki practices in estate and guardianships, as well as probate, trusts and fiduciary law. With nearly 20 years of experience, Nikki grasps the nuances of the law and uses her understanding to protect your rights and the rights of your loved ones.
Estate & Guardianship Attorney Dedicated to Your Protection
Nikki works with families in Texas that are struggling through loss and estate confusion. Most of her clients need help with securing assets or seeking the protection of a loved one’s health and finances. They are also seeking clarity about their rights under certain documents and legal instruments.
In all matters, Nikki begins by assessing your situation and goals. She then reviews and analyzes any documents or instruments relative to the estate.
If your situation involves a family member or estate in danger, Nikki immediately files the necessary documents for protection. If your situation requires guardianship, she uses the least restrictive method possible to preserve rights and independence.
You can trust Nikki to do what’s best for you and your family. She’s a problem-solver, always looking for the best methods of protection no matter the situation you’re in or the worth of the estate in question.
Experience When It Matters Most
Even before attending law school, Nikki found herself in estate and guardianship law. Her preference and passion for this area of the law led her through 20 years of legal success. Throughout her career, Nikki has successfully represented numerous parties in guardianship, probate and trust disputes, including fiduciaries and beneficiaries facing litigation throughout Texas.
Nikki also has experience in mental health law. She advises families through voluntary and involuntary commitment proceedings and serves as an advocate for those with mental illness.
Award-Winning Attorney & Speaker
Nikki was selected for the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star List from 2005 to 2011. She was also selected for the Texas Super Lawyers list in 2020. In addition to being an award-winning attorney, Nikki is also an accomplished speaker and legal writer.
Publications & Speeches
- Role of Guardian Ad Litem & Attorney Ad Litem. 2018 Advanced Guardianship Law
- Role of Guardian Ad Litem & Attorney Ad Litem. 2015 HBA Guardianship Ad Litem in Probate Court Institute.
- Alternatives to Guardianship. Docket Call in Probate Court 2014.
- Anatomy of a Will. South Texas College of Law Wills and Probate Institute. Sept. 2012.
- The Client Interview: Probate and Estate Administration and the Engagement Agreement: One Knee and a
- Diamond Ring—Lawyer Style. San Antonio Estate Planners Council. Feb. 2007.
- Guardianships: Guardian of the Estate, Guardian of the Person, and Ad Litem Appointments. State Bar of
- Texas 28th Annual Advanced Estate Planning and Probate. June 2003.
- Speaker for various Senior Financial Strategy Seminars.
- Former Associate Editor of the State Bar of Texas: Texas Guardianship Manual.
Nikki’s spare time involves happily attending her three kids’ sporting events and practices. She also enjoys exercising, running and traveling.
For the Best Legal Protection, Call Nikki
Attorney Nikki Davis is dedicated to protecting your assets and your rights. For experienced legal advice and protection, reach out to Nikki today by calling (713) 335-9585 or send her a message.